Today is Madison's 12th birthday. Gulp. Being that she is my youngest, this is extremely bittersweet for me. Time is only gaining speed, and I look at her and shudder at the thought of how fast the next 6 years will fly.
Last week during a Walmart run, I cried when I passed the school supply aisle. I know ... that's just weird. But, you see, since about 1992 I've been doing the crayola crayons, character lunchboxes, and elmer's glue thing. And, I guess you could say I grew attached to it .... probably because those things just represent childhood.
Now, mine have all moved into the more sophisticated school list of composition books and fancy calculators. But, I've decided that it won't hurt for me to buy some glue and crayons now and then ... just for old time's sake.
I took today off of work. Maddie and I are going roller skating. Time can just put a cork in it and stand still for a few minutes. I've got to memorize the sights, smells, and sounds of this ... my youngest child ... and these precious, fleeting last days of her childhood. Pass the kleenex.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited you are blogging! I haven't read all your blog yet but Happy Birthday to Madison!! How precious! You are a great mom to do the rollerskating! love your blog and can't wait to read more!!
Love you,
April
Post a Comment